Blog

« Catch Wires Complete | Main | Catch Wires Completed!!! »

May 1, 2006

Spray Record

Had the first fungicide spray of the season on the newly-emerged vines:

Microthiol Special - rate 1 lb per acre
Dithane DF Rainshield Nt - rate 1 lb per acre

I got to the vineyard about 6:45 PM and realized I had to put the sprayer back together in the tow-behind cart. Also, since my previous spray was herbicide I needed to rinse the sprayer thoroughly with clean water. I didn't begin actually spraying until about 7:30, by which time the sun had already dipped behind the Blue Ridge mountains and it was starting to get dark.

All in all the first spray went well - I had just enough in the 25-gallon tank to spray the whole vineyard in one tank since the vines have just begun to grow there is minimal leaf area to spray. But it's a good thing our lawn tractor has headlights, since the last few rows were done in total darkness!

Posted by Stephen at May 1, 2006 10:44 PM